Senior Executive, Aspen Pharmacare
Nicolaou is Aspen’s Senior Executive responsible for Strategic Trade. Previously he was CEO of Aspen’s Export Division. Aspen is Africa’s largest and the world’s 9th largest generic Pharmaceutical Company by revenue ranking.
Nicolaou has over 20 years experience in the South African and International Pharmaceutical Industry and is a previous winner of the SA Institute of Marketing Management (IMM) Health Care Marketer of the year Award, the most prestigious of its kind at the time. He was recently inducted as the youngest Fellow of the Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa (PSSA), one of the highest honours bestowed by the PSSA.
Nicolaou serves in the following positions, among others:
• Board of Directors of Business Unity South Africa
• Present Chairman of the Public Health Enhancement Fund
• Director of the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency
• Serves on the Special Economic Zones Advisory Board.
• BRICS Business Council
• Appointed in 2012 by the President of South Africa to the Board of Brand SA
• Chairman of the South African local Pharmaceutical Producers