Hon. Lionel Zinsou
Former Minister of Benin and CEO, SouthBridge
Lionel Zinsou, 63, married, three children. Lionel Zinsou, 63, married, three children.
Economist and Investment Banker. Former Prime Minister of Benin (2015-2016). Trained as historian and economist (1972-1980): University of Paris, École Normale Supérieure Paris, Sciences Po Paris, Research Student London School of Economics. “Agrégation” of Economics and Social Sciences.
• 1981-1983: Lecturer University Paris XIII, Department of Economics.
• 1983-1986: Reader Ecole Normale Supérieure, Head of Social Sciences Department.
• 1983-1986: Assistant Private Secretary, Prime Minister’s Office, France.
• 1986-1997: Danone Group: Financial Controller, Corporate Development Director, CEO HP and Lea and Perrins (UK/USA), CEO Grocery Division and Executive Committee member.
• 1997-2008: Rothschild Group: General Partner, Global Head of Consumer Goods, Head of Africa Middle East.
• 2008-2015: PAI Partners (French largest Private Equity Fund): Partner, Managing Director, Chaiman and CEO.
• 2017: Managing Partner and Co-Founder of SouthBridge.
• Chair Advisory Board Domaines Barons de Rothschild, Fondation de l’Ecole Nationale Supérieure, Africafrance, Amis du Musée Branly-Jacques Chirac, Terra Nova think tank, Microcred
• Board member: Ashinaga, Sanofi Foundation, Fondation Zinsou